The Fit Frugal Foodie. Where fitness, food, and finances meet. So....why not take fitness, food, and finance into action when dating your significant other. Explore your surroundings. Eat Your Heart Out. Embrace the idea of saving money for your and your partner's future.
Let's just sum it up. Relationships are one hell of a rollercoaster ride in itself. You got the twists, the turns, the upside down loops. The start and hopefully a finish at some point.
I created this list so that way as a reminder to myself and to others, that dating your significant other does not always have to be grandiose, extravagant plans. The love language here is quality time. Quality time with your significant other.
Money does not have to be a factor. Food can be integrated how you choose, and fitness well, you are just promoting each other's best self. So let us find, creative, fun, and mostly free ways, to show that love language.
1. Have a picnic in the park.
2. Take a scenic hike.
3. Visit a local farmer's market.
4. Have a movie marathon at home.
5. Explore a nearby nature reserve.
6. Have a DIY spa day at home.
7. Go on a bike ride.
8. Have a game night with friends or family.
9. Visit a nearby beach or lake.
10. Have a photoshoot in a picturesque location.
11. Take a yoga or meditation class online.
12. Volunteer at a local charity or organization.
13. Create a scrapbook of your favorite memories.
14. Have a DIY craft day.
15. Go stargazing in your backyard.
16. Explore a nearby town or city as a tourist.
17. Have a virtual hangout with friends or family.
18. Start a garden or tend to your plants.
19. Visit a local museum or art gallery (some offer free admission on certain days).
20. Have a karaoke night at home.
21. Try out a new recipe and cook a homemade meal.
22. Write a poem or short story.
23. Have a family game tournament with various board games.
24. Take a virtual tour of famous landmarks around the world.
25. Have a picnic indoors on a rainy day.
26. Create your own scavenger hunt.
27. Host a virtual book club with friends.
28. Have a DIY home improvement day.
29. Take a free online course or workshop.
30. Have a backyard campout complete with a bonfire and s'mores.
31. Learn a new dance routine by following online tutorials.
32. Have a DIY fashion show with your old clothes.
33. Go birdwatching in a nearby park.
34. Have a themed movie night at home (e.g., 80s movies, Disney classics).
35. Try out a new hairstyle or experiment with makeup.
36. Have a living room dance party with your favorite music.
37. Create your own homemade face masks or skincare products.
38. Have a DIY wine or beer tasting at home.
39. Take a virtual fitness class or workout at home.
40. Have a picnic on your rooftop or balcony.
41. Learn how to play a musical instrument through online tutorials.
42. Have a virtual game night with friends using online gaming platforms.
43. Explore a nearby trail or park on rollerblades or a skateboard.
44. Create a vision board for your future goals and aspirations.
45. Have a DIY movie theater experience at home with popcorn and snacks.
46. Practice mindfulness and try out meditation or breathing exercises.
47. Host a virtual talent show with friends or family.
48. Have a DIY photo shoot with props and costumes.
49. Explore your creative side by painting or drawing.
50. Have a DIY pizza or ice cream sundae night.
51. Take a scenic drive and explore new neighborhoods.
52. Have a DIY home spa day with homemade face masks and relaxing baths.
53. Discover new music and create a personalized playlist.
54. Have a virtual cooking competition with friends or family.
55. Take up journaling and start writing down your thoughts and reflections.
56. Have a DIY science experiment day with household items.
57. Explore a nearby park and have a picnic.
58. Have a DIY karaoke night with friends or family.
59. Take a free online photography class and practice your skills.
60. Have a themed costume party at home.
61. Explore a nearby forest or woodland area.
62. Have a DIY painting night with canvas and acrylic paints.
63. Take a virtual tour of a zoo or aquarium.
64. Have a DIY outdoor movie night with a projector and a white sheet.
65. Create your own personalized playlist for different moods or occasions.
66. Have a DIY home workout session using online fitness videos.
67. Take a virtual cooking class and learn new recipes.
68. Have a DIY science fiction movie marathon.
69. Explore a nearby botanical garden or arboretum.
70. Have a virtual trivia night with friends or family.
71. Take up a new hobby like knitting, crocheting, or painting.
72. Have a DIY fashion show with your friends via video call.
73. Take a scenic bike ride through your neighborhood or local trails.
74. Have a DIY art and craft day using recycled materials.
75. Explore a nearby lake or river and go fishing.
76. Have a virtual dance party with friends or family.
77. Take a virtual tour of a famous art museum.
78. Have a DIY jewelry-making session using beads or wire.
79. Explore a nearby historical site or landmark.
80. Have a DIY home spa day with homemade body scrubs and facemasks.
81. Take a virtual tour of a famous national park.
82. Have a DIY cooking challenge using only ingredients in your pantry.
83. Explore a nearby botanical garden or greenhouse.
84. Have a DIY home workout session using bodyweight exercises.
85. Take a virtual tour of a famous music venue or concert hall.
86. Have a DIY outdoor painting session in your backyard or local park.
87. Explore a nearby neighborhood and go on a photography walk.
88. Have a virtual movie night with friends or family using a streaming platform.
89. Take a virtual tour of a famous historical site or monument.
90. Have a DIY home spa day with homemade bath bombs and body lotions.
91. Explore a nearby trail or park on a scooter or roller skates.
92. Have a DIY art and craft day using natural materials like leaves or flowers.
93. Take a scenic drive to a nearby town or countryside.
94. Have a virtual dance class and learn new dance moves.
95. Take a virtual tour of a famous architectural landmark.
96. Have a DIY jewelry-making session using polymer clay or beads.
97. Explore a nearby lake or river and go kayaking or paddleboarding.
98. Have a virtual concert night and watch live performances online.
99. Take a virtual tour of a famous science museum or planetarium.
100. Have a DIY home spa day with homemade hair masks and foot scrubs.
Enjoy your quality time of full of fun, creativity, and free activities! I may partake in one or more and let us join the camaraderie of quality time with our significant others.