I read this article back in early 2016. Mindlessly scrolling through Pinterest. What a time to be alive.
I can't tell if the link is valid anymore, but I found this information to be extremely true. I didn't write this article but it did speak to my athletic soul.
This is extremely true when you are looking at dating an athletic girl. This is what I read and my input on these 29 things about dating a woman athlete.
1. A Little Competition Is Always Fun- When I workout along side my husband I like to try to show him what I can do.
2. She Can Keep Up- Again, I like to show him what I can do.
3. She Likes And Understands Sports- Go Steelers, Miami Heat, Sharks, and Giants!
4. She Actually Enjoys Working Out…A Lot- I love pushing myself to see how far I can go,
5. She Prefers Active Dates- I have taken him hiking and to the gym.
6. She Values Teamwork- Not only while working out, but we do that in our relationship
7. She Lives In A Sports Bra- But Facts.
8. Shopping Is For New Workout Clothes- True so true
9. She Likes To Eat…A Lot- Give me some Texas Roadhouse Steak, and rolls with cinnamon butter.
10. She Hates When You Let Her Win- He knows way better than to let that happen.
11. Routines Are Necessary- Yeah especially with three dogs and a child.
12. Getting Up Early Is A Lifestyle- 3:30 AM wake up call these days.
13. She Gets “Me Time” From Working Out- True
14. But She Always Welcomes Gym Buddies- depends on my mood.
15. Determination Is Her Middle Name- consistency and determination
16. She’s Got A Tough Shell- I try to have one
17. But She’s Really A Softie- I am a marshmallow.
18. Loyalty Is One Of Her Best Traits- Definitely true.
19. She Can Take Care Of Herself- Mulan at your service.
20. She Can Plan Anything- and with two years in advance, I can plan really anything.
21. Her Fitness And Her Life Goals Are Sacred- only since forever.
22. She Doesn’t Take The Easy Way- never unless I have somewhere I need to be in a hurry.
23. There’s Nothing Wrong With A Good Nap- take one whenever you can.
24. Going On Vacation Isn’t About Relaxation- resort better have trail or a fitness center.
25. All Of Her Celeb Crushes Are Famous Athletes- eh.
26. Being Athletic Doesn’t Mean She Can’t Be Girly- I have my moments.
27. She May Travel In A Pack- Meh sometimes.
28. She Can Always Fit In A Workout- even if that calls for waking up at 3:30AM.
29. In Fact, “Can’t” Isn’t In Her Vocabulary- TRY ME.
I would say over all these 29 things add up to my athletic personality. Now I just want steak, house salad, and rolls with cinnamon butter. Every weightlifter's dream. Carbs and meat.
Trust me when this prep competition is done, I am having the juiciest, piece of red meat I can find and smothering the shit out of it in butter.