Introducing our new and improved Buffalo-style turkey burger, a sensational twist on the classic wing experience that will leave your taste buds begging for more. Prepare to be blown away by the bold flavors, mouthwatering textures, and irresistible combination of ingredients that make this dish an absolute must-try.
First, let's dive into the star of the show - our ground turkey patties. Infused with the zesty goodness of Frank's Seasoning and scallions, these patties are bursting with flavor. But that's not all! We take it up a notch by topping them with irresistibly melty cheddar cheese, creating a mouthwatering blend of savory and cheesy goodness.
Now, let's talk about the buns. We believe that every burger experience should start with the perfect foundation, which is why we use toasted potato buns. These buns provide a light and fluffy texture that perfectly complements the juicy turkey patties.
But what's a buffalo-style dish without a little heat? For those who crave an extra kick, we offer the option to drizzle on some hot sauce. This fiery addition adds a burst of flavor that takes this burger to a whole new level of deliciousness.
Now, let's not forget the essential element that ties it all together - the creamy blue cheese sauce. Our decadent blue cheese sauce provides the perfect contrast of flavors, adding a rich and tangy element that elevates the entire dish. Made with a combination of blue cheese dressing, sour cream, and a pinch of scallions, this sauce is the perfect finishing touch.
To create this culinary masterpiece, you'll need the following ingredients:
- 2 scallions, minced
- 12 ounces of Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into ½-inch-thick wedges
- 1.5 ounces of blue cheese dressing
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream (Contains Milk)
- 1 tablespoon of fry seasoning
- 10 ounces of ground turkey
- 14.4 grams of Frank's Seasoning Blend
- ½ cup of cheddar cheese
- 2 potato buns
- 1 unit of crispy fried onions
- 1 unit of Frank's Hot Sauce
- 1 tablespoon of cooking oil
Now, let's dive into the step-by-step process of creating this delicious dish:
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees and adjust the rack to the top position. Begin by washing and drying all produce. Mince the scallions and cut the Yukon Gold potatoes into ½-inch-thick wedges. In a small bowl, combine the blue cheese dressing, sour cream, and a pinch of scallions to taste. Set this delightful sauce aside for later.
2. On a baking sheet, toss the potatoes with a drizzle of oil, half of the fry seasoning (saving the rest for later), salt, and pepper. Roast the potatoes on the top rack of the oven until they turn a glorious golden brown and become tender, which should take approximately 20-25 minutes.
3. While the potatoes are roasting, it's time to prepare the star of the show - the turkey patties. In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, Frank's Seasoning, remaining fry seasoning, remaining scallions, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix until all the ingredients are well incorporated. Now, it's time to shape the patties. Form the mixture into two patties (or four patties for four servings), ensuring that each patty is slightly wider than a burger bun. Pro tip: Wetting your hands before shaping the patties will prevent them from sticking.
4. Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large pan, preferably nonstick, over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the turkey patties and cook until they are beautifully browned and cooked through, which should take approximately 4-7 minutes per side. If the patties start to brown too quickly, reduce the heat to medium. In the last 1-2 minutes of cooking, evenly top the patties with the cheddar cheese and cover the pan to allow the cheese to melt and create a gooey, cheesy layer of perfection.
5. While the patties are cooking, it's time to toast those buns to perfection. Halve the potato buns and place them in a toaster or under the broiler until they become golden and crispy.
6. Now comes the exciting part - assembling your Buffalo-style masterpiece! Spread a generous amount of the blue cheese sauce on the bottom buns. This creamy and tangy sauce will provide the perfect base for your burger. Next, place the cooked turkey patties on top of the sauce, allowing the flavors to meld together. To add some crunch and extra flavor, sprinkle on a handful of crispy fried onions. And for those who can't resist the fiery heat, drizzle on some Frank's Hot Sauce according to your preference. Finally, top it all off with the other half of the toasted bun.
7. For the finishing touch, serve your delicious burgers alongside the roasted potato wedges. Don't forget to offer the remaining blue cheese sauce on the side for dipping those crispy wedges into creamy perfection.
Shayne and I both rate this meal a 9/10. The directions, prep, and actual execution was dialed in. We love Frank's Red Hot for anything. I could coat my wings, cauliflower rice, chicken breast, eggs, even vegetables. Like they say, "Frank's Red Hot, I can put that shit on anything." They are right! The reason why we both rate this a 9/10 is because we are not bleu cheese people. I can take it but in very, very small doses. Shayne and I are more of ranch people. Like Frank's Red Hot, we will put that shit on anything. Franks Red Hot + Ranch= absolute perfection on anything.
Our Fresh Financials, Savings, and Recommendations
Now, let's talk about the cost. If you want to try making these Red Hot Burgers on your own, here's the breakdown of ingredient costs at Walmart: 2 scallions ($0.88), Yukon Gold potatoes ($3.77), blue cheese dressing ($1.93), sour cream ($1.98), fry seasoning ($1.62), ground turkey ($4.53) Frank's Seasoning Blend ($4.83) cheddar cheese ($2.22), potato bun ($1.38) crispy fried onions ($2.94), Frank's Hot Sauce ($3.82), cooking oil ($3.82), Salt ($2.32) and Pepper ($2.08)
The total comes out to $40.10, which is slightly more expensive than receiving a four-portion size with HelloFresh. The four serving portion though of this meal was more than enough food. Let me tell you on a Tuesday when you are watching 911 and The Rookie, this was the perfect meal for a cold October night. Spicy meat, seasoned fries, and good television= the perfect wind down from a work day.
However, you'll have to figure out the timing and all the details on your own because Tuesdays don't deserve all the attention.
In addition, this is a little more pricey because you have to pay for oils, butters, and seasonings plus you are paying for meat.. However, let's be honest. you can stock pile oils, butter, and spices.
I don't currently use any cashback applications with my subscription. However, I got HelloFresh's deal of money saved across 16 boxes. The pennies do add up across the boxes.
My recommendation is to Indulge in the ultimate Buffalo-style experience that surpasses any takeout option. With our flavor-packed ground turkey patties, toasted potato buns, and the perfect combination of toppings, this dish is sure to satisfy your cravings. Enjoy the creamy contrast of the blue cheese sauce and the customizable heat from the drizzle of hot sauce. It's time to elevate your dining experience and savor every bite of this Better Than Takeout delight!