Jumping into a low-carb or Keto lifestyle is not easy. Let me tell you. Especially if you are like me and thrive off carbohydrates, bread and pasta are my shit. Italian genes all the way. Come to find out I learned because of my blood type, carbs actually are supposed to be in my system. However, some blood types do better without.
If you're looking to make a cheeseburger more exciting and reduce the carbs, try these mouthwatering one-pan cheeseburger lettuce wraps. They have all the classic burger toppings you love, but with a crispy twist of baby lettuce leaves. Made with juicy ground beef, melty cheddar cheese, crispy fried onions, tangy pickles, and a special sauce, these lettuce wraps are sure to please a crowd!
- 2 baby lettuce units
- 4 sliced dill pickles
- 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise (contains eggs)
- 4 tablespoons of ketchup
- 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons of fry seasoning
- 20 ounces of ground beef
- 2 beef stock concentrate units
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese (contains milk)
- 2 units of crispy fried onions (contains wheat)
- 1 teaspoon of cooking oil
- Kosher salt
Let's get cooking! The easiest part of the recipe.
1. Start by washing and drying the produce.
2. Trim and discard the root end from the lettuce, then separate the leaves.
3. Thinly slice 1-2 small center leaves until you have 1/3 cup of shredded lettuce (or 2/3 cup for 4 servings).
4. Drain the pickles and roughly chop them.
Making the Sauce:
1. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, ketchup, half of the mustard, and 1/2 tsp of fry seasoning (for 4 servings, use all the mustard and 1 tsp of fry seasoning).
2. Stir in water, 1 tsp at a time, until the sauce reaches a drizzling consistency. Set it aside.
Cooking the Beef:
1. Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
2. Add the ground beef, remaining fry seasoning, salt, and pepper.
3. Cook, breaking up the meat into pieces, until it's browned and almost cooked through, about 3-5 minutes.
4. Stir in the beef stock concentrate and 1/4 cup of water (or 1/3 cup for 4 servings).
5. Continue cooking and stirring until the liquid has absorbed and the beef is fully cooked, about 2-3 minutes.
- **TIP:** If there's excess grease in the pan, carefully pour it out.
6. Add half of the cheddar cheese and stir until melted, about 1 minute. Save the rest of the cheese for serving.
Finishing & Serving:
1. Divide the lettuce leaves between plates.
2. Fill each lettuce leaf with the beef mixture, pickles, shredded lettuce, crispy fried onions, remaining cheese, and special sauce.
3. Serve and enjoy!
*Note: Ground beef is fully cooked when the internal temperature reaches 160º.*
My Rating: I am sucker for anything cheeseburger. Legitimately the reason why I moved to other places. They have all the burger chains. I've been in cities where it is only In-N-Out Burger, Five Guys, Famous Daves Burgers, and fast food like Carl's Jr, Burger King, and McDonalds. I've been in cities where it is all about Shake Shack, Freddy's, Culver's, fast food like Carl's Jr, Burger King, and McDonalds. Now I'm in a city where it is all of the above but Shake Shack. However, because I am a sucker for special sauce...I rate these One Pan Cheeseburger Wraps a 10/10. Because I love cheeseburgers so much, I made Big Mac Bowls because of the inspiration from this dish.
Shayne's rating: He rates this 9/10, because he loves the traditional burgers with the bread and the bun. However, he loves all the ingredients that are involved with the cheeseburger lettuce wraps. Like myself, we made Big Mac Bowls because of the inspiration from this dish. A healthier way for him to get his burger fix and more often.
Full of Flavor, Savings, and Recommendations
Now, let's talk about the financials. If you want to try making those BBQ Pineapple Flatbreads, here's the breakdown of ingredient costs at Walmart: baby lettuce units ($2.98), dill pickles ($2.38), mayonnaise ($3.18), ketchup ($1.18) Dijon mustard ($1.50) fry seasoning ($4.12) ground beef ($6.97- per pound), beef stock concentrate ($2.92), cheddar cheese ($2.22), and crispy fried onions ($2.94)
The total of ingredients is $31.39 if you do your shopping at Walmart. I mean Not completely terrible because you have all your burger fixings for regular burgers, Big Mac bowls, and other salads. Let me tell you Special Sauce is such a game changer.
I would recommend if you could if shopping on your own for groceries to go through the cash back applications, I have written about. You will get some money back on ingredients you have shopped for through one way or another.
If you're on the hunt for a tasty and carb-conscious twist on a classic cheeseburger, look no further! These incredible one-pan cheeseburger lettuce wraps are here to save the day. Packed with mouthwatering flavor, they'll definitely hit the spot and keep your cravings at bay. Give them a go and prepare to be amazed!